Information and Legal Notice
Broward County will be receiving funding for Phase 40 in the amount of $698,116 under the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP). The United States Congress, through the Federal Emergency Management Agency under the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act, which provides monies for this program.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local governmental or private voluntary organizations chosen to receive funds must:
- Be a private voluntary non-profit or unit of government
- Be eligible to receive Federal funds
- Have a User Entity Identification (UEI) number
- Have an accounting system
- Practice nondiscrimination
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- If a private voluntary organization, must have a voluntary board
The local funding priorities are: Food, Shelter and Rent/Mortgage assistance. These are supplemental funds which cannot be used for startup programs.
Applications may be downloaded beginning January 30, 2023 to February 10, 2023 from the Gateway Community Outreach website at www.gcoflorida.org (Please note that the applications cannot be filled out online, but ONLY downloaded from the website).
The completed applications must be received, no later than 4:00 pm Friday, February 10, 2023 at Gateway Community Outreach, 291 SE 1st Terrace, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441. No emails or faxes will be accepted. You may call 954-725-8434 for directions.
**LATE applications will NOT be accepted after this date and time**
Further information may be obtained by contacting Carol A. Ray, Chairman, of the Broward County EFSP Board at 954-725-8434.